Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Brooklyn is here!







Well, our new little addition is here and we are so grateful!!! I had a c-section scheduled on my due date, May 27th, but didn't quite make it that far. She came one day early- on May 26, 2010 at 3:21 in the morning! After having inconsistent contractions all weekend long, they finally became closer and stronger on Tuesday. My mom watched Maylee, and Jeff and I headed to the hospital around 5pm. I honestly thought they might send us home since I wasn't screaming in pain like they are in the movies, but we figured it was better to be safe than sorry (especially since Maylee's birth experience was so scary). After sitting in triage for a short time, they admitted us around 6pm. It was a whole new experience being wheeled into the labor and delivery room! We were excited to try for a VBAC, but were willing to do whatever necessary to get our little babe here safely. After many hours, with the little one turned slightly to the side, with the risk of a uterine rupture, and a few other complications, we decided it was best to do another cesarean. Everything went great and we have a sweet baby girl. She was 7 lbs. 15 oz and 19 in. long. We are so grateful to have her here safe and sound!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations!! She is precious!

Shawna said...

She's beautiful Heidi! Congrats! I had been waiting to see pictures of her, she's adorable.

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Heidi! She is adorable and you look great afterwards! I'm so glad she is here and I hope someday we'll meet :). Enjoy all those newborn snuggles.

AMY said...

Congrats on your new Brooklyn! Glad things turned out good and that she is here safe and sound. Hope you are recovering well!

Alison said...

Congrats - she's adorable! And she was born on Abbey's birthday! We were celebrating for Brooklyn too. :) She's so sweet - with a perfect little head and face.

jenny said...

Congrats Heid! She's beautiful! I love the name too. We need to see you soon and get these four cute girls together :) Hope you're doing well!