For a few weeks Maylee was getting hives off and on. We took her into the doctor and decided to get her tested for allergies. After a week of waiting for her blood test results, we found out she is allergic to dairy and eggs. Thankfully, she is not severely allergic, but we want to stay away from these things for a bit in hopes that it will eventually go away with age(also- so she won't get hives). Poor thing! I was having a hard time knowing what to cook her until I found this
website in the Family Fun magazine. I LOVE IT! This woman is amazing. I've realized that Maylee really can have a lot of things... I just have to make them myself. I've tried the blueberry muffins (which Maylee didn't really care for, but I like them!) and the pancakes! They have both been great! It is a wonderful resource if you have kids with allergies or will have to cook for someone who does. I feel like quite the little domestic mom doing all this cooking from scratch (well, making muffins and pancakes!). I am so accustomed to making things with a mix- sad, huh? It feels good to make it all on my own.

4 comments:
Poor Maylee... Glad to hear it isn't too severe, and hopefully it will go away with age. Your muffins and pancakes look yummy.
We just found out this summer that our son Taylor is also allergic to milk and eggs. Thanks for the website! He is 15 months, so he was on whole milk instead of formula. For him I have found that he can tolerate goats milk. But if Maylee can't have that, try almond milk or coconut milk. They both have brain healthy fat which toddlers need for brain development. Rice and Soy milk do not have fat, so they aren't recommended for the 1 year to 2 year age when they are "suppose" to have whole milk. Edith and Eric
First of all, your header pic. is GORGEOUS! Secondly, I'm so sorry Maylee has allergies. It sounds like you have a great attitude about it though and I'm impressed with your cooking from scratch!
Dairy and Ice cream???
Post a Comment