Monday, February 22, 2010

heart day

Jeff and I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day a night early. I took charge of the date... Jeff should have been worried! :) We went to a thai restaurant for dinner, which was nice since we don't have thai food too often and I sure love a little pad thai! Then we went to the Hyatt in Gainey Ranch for a gondola boat ride. It was Valentine's weekend so we had to cheese it up. The ride was okay. I would have liked to have taken the boats out on our own, but hey- it was fun to do once. Next time it will have to be in Italy!

On Sunday, the big day, Jeff and I made quite a delicious dinner. We had salad, 7-up chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and rolls. Lately, I have been bad about cooking a good Sunday dinner, so it was nice for a change. To top it off we had chocolate souffle! I have never made them before, but I found a great and easy recipe here. They turned out great. I've been waiting to use my ramekins for something good and this was that something.

(the picture doesn't do it justice)

1 comment:

Chris and Kristen said...

I had no idea you guys had a lemon tree. That is awesome! Your dessert looks great too.