Friday, September 7, 2012

4th of July

We loved being at the cabin for the 4th of July so much last year, we decided to make it a new tradition!  So we made the drive up to St. George on Sunday, July 1st and then went to the cabin on Monday.  We spent the time doing cabin stuff- fishing, hiking to the creek (which was more of a hike this year since it was so dry), riding the 4-wheelers, relaxing, eating, BB gun shooting, swinging...  it was PERFECT!  The girls were absolutely the best ages- they loved every minute of the cabin and I didn't worry about them falling or getting hurt now that they are "big" girls.  They had a blast. 

For the 4th of July, we went into Panguitch town.  I love that little town.  We grabbed some lunch at a drive in and then went to a park for some little kid games. 
 
 We went to the same picnic spot we went last year.  Unfortunately this year was a dry year so there weren't any pretty wildflowers.  Bummer.  But there was water in the creek, so the girls enjoyed sticking their feet in and having daddy and Poppa help them across.

 Maylee caught her 1st fish this year!  She took a little kiddy fishing pole and caught it on her line!  She seriously stayed out on the boat for HOURS with daddy and Poppa 2 days in a row!  I was shocked she could last that long, I don't think I could last that long!  I guess you don't wanna come in when you're catching fish.
(Bad to the bone... na-na-na-na-na....bbbbb-bad!  These girls think they are hot stuff on the 4-wheelers (or at least apparently Brooklyn does from the looks of this pic!)  They both loved going on rides but Maylee was a pro at getting Grammie to take her on a ride whenever we had some down time.)

3 comments:

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

We all need to get to the cabin sometime, somehow! :) Love you guys!!!