Okay, it seriously has been FOREVER since I have posted on this blog, so instead of trying to catch up on all that I have missed- I am moving on.
Over the Fourth of July weekend we had the chance to go up to Jeff's familiy cabin. We drove up on Thursday, June 30 and then went to St. George on Monday, July 4 and came home on Tuesday. It was good to be out of town for the fourth- Jeff always gets a little depressed... can't say I blame him. It is too hot to do anything, so it worked out great to be up in the mountains!
The days at the cabin were spent by...
fishing (both with the kids and without),
(They caught lots of fish from the boat on Monday- Debbie won for catching the most fish. Yay, Debbie!)
(waiting for the fish to bite... unfortunately, only a few bites and none reeled in)
(Jeff fly fishing the river. We tagged along to watch and play.)
golfing (yes- Jeff even made a trip down to Cedar City to play a round of golf with his dad- I love that they enjoy that time together),
four-wheeling,
(First real time on four-wheeler for Brooklyn: she LOVED it!)
swinging... a whole LOT of swinging,
playing in the creek,
(We actually only went over to the creek a couple of times. We should have gone more, the girls had a blast throwing rocks into the water. Next time...)
watching fireworks,
(The little resort by the lake put on an AMAZING fireworks show on Saturday night. Not only was the show great, but you could watch it across the lake and see the reflection. Jeff enjoyed taking pics to capture them. Maylee lasted only for about the first 2 minutes of the show- that is what happens when they start at 10 PM and you are snuggling with Grammie!)
shooting BB guns,
and lastly, having a picnic in the most beautiful spot E.V.E.R,
(good job on scouting for a picnic spot, Kim!)
(Seriously. Seriously! I gotta say- I always thought Panguitch Lake was beautiful, but this year it truely was amazing. How surreal! The river, the trees, the yellow wildflowers! Oh, and two cute girlies make it even more beautiful.)
We had a great time at the cabin. I needed a vacation from the vacation when we got home because Brooklyn is FAST and EVERYWHERE these days, but it was so nice to get out of town and enjoy time with family.

1 comment:
I am jealous of your fourth of July. It is way to hot here to really enjoy all the fun. I love the firework picture, that looks amazing. Sounds like you had some fun times this Summer!
Brookelyn and Maylee look as cute as ever. We need to do a zoo trip soon. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment