There are a few cities you just need to visit at least once, and San Fransico is one of those cities! It is up on the list with NYC, Chicago, and D.C. So, needless to say, I was thrilled when Jeff mentioned he had a training to go to in San Fransico on Nov. 3rd and 4th! I pretty much invited myself (and Brooklyn!) along! :) We went up on Monday (a day early) and flew back on Thursday which gave us 2 extra days.
On Monday, we flew out and then took the ferry across to Saulsilito. We had a great view of the famous Golden Gate Bridge and then walked in and out of the little shops in Saulsilito.
(I think Brooklyn is seriously the happiest baby I know! I think she is already posing for pictures!)
Okay, it is my absolute favorite thing to sit outside on the front of the ferry, but this cute little baby was totally freaking out. She couldn't figure out that she could still breath even with the wind blowing in her face, so she was gasping and almost choking! So we went inside, and here she is nice and happy now that we are sitting inside. :)
(the port for the ferry)
We went to Fisherman's Wharf after the ferry ride to walk around and grab a bite for dinner. Fancy dining wasn't an option with Brooklyn, but our bread bowls from the street were delish! I think we wore Brooklyn out... and it was only the first day!
On Tuesday, Jeff went to training and I kept myself busy walking through China Town and then spending the afternoon at Union Square. I have never seen so many stores all in one location!
On Wednesday, Kelly came up from San Jose and we met for brunch. That was an experience all in itself. You see, the SF Giants won the World Series on Monday night and Wednesday they had a big parade in the city. Yup, in the city, about a block from our hotel. All the roads were blocked off and there were crowds of people everywhere you went. It made things rather complicated in finding Kelly (since she was planning on picking me up), but in the end we made it and we enjoyed a delish brunch at Mama's and I got some good pics along the way! (However, note to self: do not carry a baby in one arm and try to push a little cheap stroller with the car seat practically falling off of it with the other arm through large crowds and on old sidewalks!)
When Jeff got done with training we ate dinner and then rode the trolley over to Ghiradhelli Square and had the world famous ice cream sundae! It was quite tasty, but it should be when you pay $8 for it, right? :)
On Friday we decided to do Alcatraz. I find history things like that pretty fascinating and it didn't disappoint. The architecture of the building was amazing and the views of the city and bridge made it that much better.
I must be honest, one of my favorite things we did in San Fran was to ride on the trolley! I also enjoyed looking at all the bright colored buses. It just adds a little something to the big city! We had a great trip and I'm afraid our little Maylee had a little too much fun at grandma and grandpa's house... she wasn't ready to come home when we went to pick her up! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment