Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentines!




Maylee had her first Valentine's Day!  On Friday, my dad and mom were so nice and volunteered to watch all the grandkids so we could go out for a night on the town!  The kids made valentine frames with my mom and played the Wii.  Maylee was in heaven playing with her cousins.  She loves parties!  I guess she put up quite a fight while my mom was trying to get her to go to sleep... she doesn't want to miss any action!  April, Rob, Jeff and I went out to dinner at Firebirds (the nicest restaurant we have been to for a really long time due to our little lady!) and then to the movies. It was a great night.  On Saturday, I attempted to make a "fancy" homemade dinner.  I made chicken marsala, roasted asparagus, baked pototoes, and then made chocolate strawberry cakes for dessert.  I had to take a picture of the strawberry cakes because I think they are the fanciest looking things I have ever made.  But next time I will use a cake mix to make the cupcake bottom!

4 comments:

Billy and Kati said...

It looks like your dessert turned out really good! And Maylee had her very own sugar cookie...how cute! :)

Andrea W. said...

The food looks yummy and so does Maylee, she seriously is so perfectly round and beautiful. Congrats on the races, that is a major accomplishment!

April said...

Cute post! I totally forgot about taking pics that day. Maylee looks so cute, and wow, I'm impressed with your meal- FANCY! ;-)

Chris and Kristen said...

That picture of Maylee is so adorable and when I saw the pictures of the cookies, I became in hungry and wished I could eat them. Yikes! I have no self control with sweets. I could never run a marathon because of it. I am so out of shape, but yet somehow, kind of okay with it all.