

Little Maylee Jones was born on June 6, 2008. We had a bit of a roller coaster ride with the labor. I started having contractions the day before. We spent most of the day in the hospital walking around. That was pretty exciting in my robe and rolling the IV around. Every few hours they would check to see if I was closer to delivery, but I wasn't dilating . Finally after 8 hours in the hospital, they sent me home with an Ambian that was supposed to help me sleep. We scheduled an appointment to come back later the next day to see if things progressed.
I didn't sleep much that night. I had contractions through the night. I called my doctor's office in the morning and they told me to go back into the hospital. When we checked in they told me I was dilated to a 4! Yay! We thought our little baby would be coming soon... we just didn't realize how soon.
Soon after they hooked me up to all the machines a RN came in to do an ultrasound. I thought it was just standard procedure. This is where everything started to get a little scary. Jeff and I aren't doctors, but we knew from the last ultrasound that our baby should be at least a little active. We watched the screen for what seemed to be forever. She didn't move at all. They tried waking her with several different techniques, but nothing worked.
Within a matter of minutes we had quite the group of doctors and nurses in our room. They decided that we needed to get the baby out as soon as possible. Jeff gave the verbal consent for me to undergo a C-section. Because of the urgency of the situation they put me under and Jeff had to wait out in the waiting room. They wheeled me off and in minutes they were telling me that I would have my baby girl when I woke up.
We are so blessed to have Maylee. She did well on her Apgar scores and is growing and developing well. Luckily, everything went well. There were so many things that were definitely tender mercies. I'm so happy Jeff holds the priesthood and the doctor that ended up delivering me was LDS. She is our little miracle!
1 comment:
I'm glad her Apgar scores are good. What a scary thing! Yikes. I'm glad she is here too, because she is a little sweetheart!
Post a Comment